Calyxt food industry partners.
Calyxt seeks like-minded food industry partners to use our initial product, Calyno™ High Oleic Soybean Oil. Our target customers are U.S. food manufacturers and foodservice companies seeking to deliver healthier food products with zero trans-fat per serving, USA-produced, non-GMO and traceable to meet consumer demand for natural, less-processed food.
The first commercial sale of Calyno™ High Oleic Soybean Oil to a Midwest restaurant chain occurred immediately after its launch in 2019. Calyno™ is being used with great success for frying, salad dressing and sauce applications at this restaurant’s 14 locations. Additionally, one of the world’s largest food service companies took notice of the strong introduction in 2019 and was moved to stock and sell Calyno to its customers.
We continue our discussions to place Calyno with more than 40 food companies and our active sample oil testing program has resulted in 5 additional companies confirming that Calyno™ High Oleic Soybean Oil has exceeded their expectations with equal or better performance in terms of fry life and flavor compared to other commercially available high oleic soybean oils.
Calyno™ High Oleic Soybean Oil
- Contains approximately 80 percent oleic acid, similar to olive, sunflower and safflower oils
- 20 percent less saturated fatty acids than commodity soybean oil
- Zero grams of trans fat and PHOs per serving
- Fry life up to three times longer than commodity soybean oil
- Extended shelf life due to high oleic content
- High stability and smoke point
- Reduced polymer buildup in fryers
- Domestically grown, processed and packaged
- 100% traceable supply chain from our growing partners in the Midwest to the finished oil product
- Neutral taste enhances flavor of the food with less oil absorption and oily residue when used for frying
- Consistently gives foods an appetizing golden color, lighter consistency and fresh appearance
- While there are other varieties of high oleic soybean oil commercially available, they are produced using GMOs. Calyno High Oleic Soybean Oil is a great alternative; our product has gone through rigorous reviews by the FDA and USDA and has been 3rd party lab tested as Non-GMO.
Calyno™ High Oleic Soybean Oil potential uses
With a neutral taste, high stability and high smoke point, Calyno™ High Oleic Soybean Oil is ideal for a variety of uses. From frying and grilling to convenience foods and baked goods, it’s a natural choice you can feel good about using.