The Gene Editing Director will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of the gene editing platform. The incumbent and the team will collaborate closely with stakeholder groups across R&D to develop and hand off first generation gene edited products to downstream partners in order to deliver on Calyxt’s innovative healthy food and ingredient platform.
Operationalize a culture of accountability, scientific excellence and the development of outstanding people. Ensure quality and transparency in all work. Embody a learning culture organization that rewards thoughtful risk taking. Lead by example establishing the right culture in the team.
Develop pipeline strategy to ensure effective achievement of scientific objectives. Develop budget and capital expenditure plan for gene editing pipeline and deliver on budgetary goals.
Make final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure operations effective achievement of objectives and operational efficiencies.
Contribute to complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers to help determine operational objectives and timelines for product delivery as well as prioritization of said product within the gene editing pipeline.
Responsible for development of internal and/or external state-of-the-art capabilities to perform precision genome editing.
Identify and leverage a talent management process to identify technical and leadership talent including, succession planning, development, engagement, motivation, and agility, establishing clear expectations and feedback.
- Ability to lead and develop employees in molecular and cellular biology disciplines to enhance their work performance.
- Minimum of Ph.D. degree in breeding, agriculture, molecular or cellular biology, or plant science related field with 10 years of experience.
- Gene editing technology experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team to accomplish company objectives.
- Experience planning complex projects involving cross-functional or interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a collaborative cross-functional team environment.
- Self-starter with ability to use creative and independent thinking to solve problems and implement solutions.
- High sense of accountability and results orientation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when needed.
- Demonstrated excellence in people leadership and building strong teams
- Demonstrated experience in Plant Breeding and background in quantitative genetics.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial product focused environment
Contact: Please send resume and motivation letter to CLX_GEBD_2019firstname.lastname@example.org